If you’ve taken a peek inside your attic and see what appears to be plenty of insulation, you may assume you’re all set when it comes to attic insulation. But whether you’re looking to purchase a home, or have lived in your home for some time, there are several reasons why adding more insulation to your attic can be a wise investment. First, let’s take a look at why attic insulation is important for your home, especially in the Texas climate. Properly installed attic insulation helps to seal gaps or cracks that may allow moisture, heat or pests into your attic. Insulating your attic can also help reduce energy costs by locking the cool air inside your home and slowing the flow of heat from the outside in the summer and keeping your home warm in the winter. Getting attic insulation is actually one of the key tips for weatherproofing your home for the arduous seasons of the year. Depending on the age and type of attic insulation currently installed in your home, there are many reasons why you may want to consider adding to or updating your attic insulation. Here are a few of the top reasons: You live in an older home that did not have enough insulation installed to begin with.
- A damaged or leaky roof has allowed moisture in, causing attic insulation to become wet and in need of replacement.
- The wrong type of attic insulation was installed, or insulation was improperly installed.
- Pests in the attic have damaged or destroyed your current insulation.
- You would like to make your home more energy efficient to reduce heating and cooling costs.
- Existing attic insulation has broken down over time.
It’s important to note that more isn’t necessarily better when it comes to attic insulation, but the right type of attic insulation that has been properly installed can make all the difference. Call us today to set up an appointment with the Texas attic insulation pros for your free home insulation assessment to find out which insulation products Garland Insulating recommends for your home.